Sunday, January 6, 2013

Preface


This is dedicated to my mother, my wife, my sister, my father and to all those who are positively or negatively (for opposing me, creating hurdles and barricades in my life) associated with me for my education, experience, knowledge, and upbringing.

Preface

To read this one, or any other book whether it be one’s course materials or articles, essays, novels, etc., one must always start to read it from the first page, i.e. the first printed page of the book, for every content of a it’s, even its bar code has something to say and us to understand. Have you ever wondered what the numbers of a Bar code actually imply?
The students, either they try to memories something or understand the subjects like maths. Student even memories the science experiments, for that is the way it should be for better grades, but does that really help you in your future, does that really make you stand on the other side of the crowd. When we started up with our school, parents said study; as my father was a businessman he never had enough time to and never questioned me, as to what I was up to, however, my mom regularly did, and I always had a private tutor. I wonder today that did my father even know in which standard (class) I was in school. I saw the best students of my class all mugging (mugging as we called it) their courses up, even the essays. I never did, I don’t mean I never mugged it up, actually I did never study.  All those family and business problems at that minor age went so deep within me that I completely lost my mind. It was the 10th ICSE exams when I actually felt; I was way back, my friends and colleagues. I planned my own routine and I succeeded. I wasn’t the topper of the class but yes I ranked 13th among 80 students, wherein, seriously speaking none of my friends or teachers would have thought that I would pass. Actually, my friends thought I was a big boaster and a bloody good for nothing. That I did never understand. Yes, when the School prefects and school captain were declared and my name wasn't on the list, that was the most hurting moment, and I realized  what I should have realized much earlier and what my parents never realized  All those extracurricular activities at school, which I was never a part of, now make me feel what I missed, and can never again be able to be a part of.
But as kid, it’s the duty of the parents and the teachers to actually understand and find out, what the actual problem is. Its nowhere justified for the teachers to be judgemental about a student, without actually knowing where the problems persists. An uneducated millionaire father is worse than an educated small salaried teacher. It’s the origin of the student’s problem and not origin of problem in student that the teacher has to find out. There was a time when teachers were paid much less to even fulfil their basic needs but today when they are paid well they should dedicate their time and energy in proper direction for the improvement and upbringing of each and every student. It’s the job of the teacher and they are paid for that reason to help and improve the students and not just as a source of their living.
Coming back to the point, when your parents say study, it does mean something, was it that we should mug it up, no it isn’t that, I shall explain it very elaborately later in this article. I shall explain the power and the aims of education, which I realised gradually, and by the time it was too late, but as the saying goes it’s never too late. To begin I would just say when they say, study means understand and if possible implement what you read. If you don’t understand something read it as many times as possible the same sentence, for the understanding it and not for the sake of memorising the same. Once I read in a book “Brain is like a Parachute it only works when you let it open”. Think out of the box.

Exercise 0 .1


If I tell you that below are nine dots arranged in a set of three rows. Your challenge is to draw four straight lines which go through the middle of all of the dots without taking the pencil off the paper. If you were using a pencil, you must start from any position and draw the lines one after the other without taking your pencil off the page. Each line starts where the last line finishes.

Try this now by quickly drawing nine dots on a piece of paper and have a go with a pencil. Place your pencil somewhere, draw four straight lines without taking your pencil off the page. Each line must start where the last line finished.
At times, this work of mine may seem to be philosophical or prophetic, but believe me even they are the part of individual development. This article of mine will take you back ages, and then bring you to the present modern era of information technology and gadgets. It’s you who has to read and understand, it’s you who has to compare your life and calculate the real worth of it, and bring out the real meaning and way of your life. If you think I am talking about prophecies, I am not, what I am really talking about is money making, Investment and family, the things you where involved always. Now do it again after reading this and find the difference.
As to end this preface, I would rather conclude to say, that I would be citing examples of my life for the sake and support of my conclusions, but I won’t be disclosing all, as no author, including me has the guts to do so; and I have a very dark past. I hope none of you or your children ever face it.

Solution to Exercise 0.1

Thinking outside the box requires different characteristics:
  • One should be willing to take new perspectives to day-to-day work.
  • One should be capable of thinking differently with an open mind, think about stuff with substance, and do things differently.
  • One must focus on the value of finding new ideas and acting on them.
  • One must strive to create value in newer ways.
  • One must be capable of listening to, supporting, nurturing and respecting others when they come up with new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment